Business Development Manager NSW
Head of Sales
Key Clients / Stakeholders:
- Head of Sales
- Chief Executive Officer
- Approvals / Credit team
- Marketing Team
- Referral Partners (Finance Brokers & Accountants)
- Strategic Partners (Aggregators, Industry Associations, Lenders)
- SME Clients
Build and nurture strong relationships with a network of Referral Partners to drive the referral of SMEs seeking working capital funding to Banjo. Consistently engage with Partners to ensure they understand Banjo’s product offering and key credit criteria to maximise conversion rates.
Key Objectives / Outcomes:
- Formulate, implement and manage a strategic territory plan regarding assigned partners to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Consistently follow a systematic sales process for both new business development and engaging with existing partners.
- Structure time to maintain high volume activity to assure contact with assigned partners (achieving targets for both frequency and coverage of territory).
- Identify and earn the trust of key decision makers at all levels to enable multiple penetration within a practice to achieve results.
- Represent Banjo at industry functions, such as association events and conferences.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new referral partners and turn this into increased awareness, leads, business activity and revenue.
- Participate in ongoing sales and marketing campaigns.
- Develop and leverage your network within your geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with internal team to develop campaigns & proposals that address client’s needs and objectives.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of clients using a variety of sales strategies and negotiation techniques.
Partner Engagement & Retention
- Regular engagement with existing partner referral base to generate new referrals.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Analyse the top-level performance of a business using key financial information and metrics to assess the suitability of the business in line with Banjo’s credit criteria.
- Work with Referral Partners to obtain the relevant information from potential clients and provide support throughout the loan application process.
- Work closely with Banjo’s Approvals team in the credit review process and to provide outcomes to Partners.
Activity & process
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of a target partners people and capabilities.
- By engaging with the Banjo team understand the goals & drivers of the business and structure your workflow to assist achieving those goals.
Knowledge, Experience and Expertise:
- Proven experience in a sales/channel management role.
- Developed network in financial services – finance broking, accounting, financial planning.
- Experience presenting complex products in a simple, clear and passionate way.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proven effectiveness with building trust and partnering with key business leaders to develop and execute the medium term strategic plans.
- Highly developed sales and sales management skills.
Professional / Tertiary Qualifications:
- A tertiary qualification in the fields of Business, Commerce or Accounting is preferable.
Key Work / Behavioural Competencies:
- Following a systematic sales process consistently using Salesforce.
- Working autonomously and remaining self-motivated to continuously build and manage network of Referral Partners.
- Actively listening to the customer and partner needs.
- Persistently asking questions to uncover hidden needs.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Managing ongoing Partner relationships with consistent follow up.
- Analysing and understanding the performance of a business using key financial information and metrics.